tip: the standard keyboard-layout for player 1 isn't suited for two-player, it's better if you 'split the keyboard in two'. that way the players won't get in each other's way.
Be part of the project
Super Tilt Bro is a demake of the Super Smash Bros. series compatible with the good old Nintendo Entertainment System from the 1980s.
You and a friend take control of a clone of Sinbad, the badass mascot of Ogre3D. Two fellows, one platform: you will have to fight to throw the other out.
Jump | Move left | Unused Unused | +--+ | | +----|---|------------|--------|------------------------+ | | | | | | | | +-|-+ | | | | | | o | | | | | +-|-+ +---+ | | | | | o o | o o --- --- | | +---+ +-|-+ (select) (start) ( B ) ( A ) | | | o | | -o- -o- | | +-|-+ | | | | +--------|---|---------------------------|-------|------+ | +---+ | +---+ Shield | Special moves | | | Move right Attacks
You can use different moves by holding a direction when pressing the attack or special move button.
Beta 2 released!
- New visual effects
- Stronger screen shaking
- Characters on hitstun are now blinking
- Added directional indication when a character is thrown
- Added a KO animation (with explosions!)
- After the last KO, the game continues on slow-motion for a couple of seconds
- Added a character selection screen
- Choose from 49 playable characters, thanks to recolors
- Added an icon and title for each menu
- Changed the cartridge format from NROM-128 to NROM-256
- Making the ROM file growing from 24 Kbytes to 40 Kbytes, giving us lots of free space
- From alpha to beta
- All features are developed, next releases will push the engine to its limits
- Stage selection
- New stage: The Pit
- Designed around a central hole
- Merciless for the player not mastering their movements
- New stage: Skyride
- Designed around platforms
- Makes for super dynamic fights
- Squashed bug: screen corruption when running on real NES hardware
- Squashed bug: changing an option may alter another one
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.
Hey, thank you!
I fixed the default keyboard layout. Now both controllers have their keys bound by default, which is handy in this two-player game :)
You may have to click "Reset to Defaults" if you already played the game and let the default suboptimal binding.